Some people just want a workout that does it all; strength, speed, flexibility, and cardiovascular fitness. Is there any easy program people can follow to meet these goals? Of course there is!
This program is based on a variety style of training. We have three basic workouts, an A. B. and C that are done on a rotating schedule. Ideally you will workout 4 to 5 times per week but this program is very flexible in that you can workout on consecutive days if you would like. The simple rule is to take at least 2 days off per week.
Now this is a very tough system initially as the change of pace from one workout to the next can be tough to keep up with. But all of these exercises and combinations will stress your body and help increase your overall level of fitness rather dramatically if you put the effort in.
This workout will involve supersets for each pairing. Take minimal rest between exercises and sets.
- Leg Press – 6 Reps with Lat Pulldowns – 6 Reps
- Leg Press – 12 Reps with Lat Pulldowns – 12 Reps
- Rowing Machine for 2 minutes
- Lunges – 6 Reps with Dumbbell Incline Press – 6 Reps
- Lunges – 12 Reps with Dumbbell Incline Press – 12 Reps
- Machine Bench Press – 6 Reps with Lying Leg Curls – 6 Reps
- Machine Bench Press – 12 Reps with Lying Leg Curls – 12 Reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press – 6 Reps with Barbell Front Row – 6 Reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press – 12 Reps with Barbell Front Row – 12 Reps
- Lateral Side Raise – 8 Reps with Abs Circuit (see below)
- Lateral Side Raise – 15 Reps with Core Circuit
- Core Circuit – Jackknife Crunch (30 reps), Dumbbell Side Bends (12), Back Extensions (12)
- Interval Cardio for 20 minutes with 30 seconds work to 90 seconds active rest
This workout will be done as a circuit. Do an entire circuit, rest a minute, then do the circuit again. Finish up with 30 minutes of medium paced cardio on a machine of your choice.
- Dumbbell Squat and Overhead Press – 12 to 15 reps
- Dumbbell Box Step-up – 20 to 25 reps per leg
- Barbell Reverse Lunge – 12 reps per leg
- Hanging or Chair Leg Raises – 20 to 25 reps
- Treadmill Jogging – 2 minutes
- Lat Pulldowns (or Pullups)- 10 to 12 reps
- Dips (or Dip Machine) – 10 to 12 reps
This workout will again use supersets. Each superset will be done. Each exercise combines multiple muscle groups and flexibility.
- Overhead Squats with T-Pushups – 10 to 12 reps
- Split Squats with Saxon Side Bends – 8 to 12 reps
- Pike Walk with Swiss Ball Leg Curls – 8 to 10 reps
- Russian Twists with Bent-Over Rows – 8 to 10 reps
Interval Cardio session for 30 minutes with 2 minutes hard work to 2 minutes active rest