Are you looking for a great workout that is quick and will help kick your metabolism into gear? Well look no further! Is fifteen minutes enough? Not always but sometimes you have to just work with what you have. If you are on vacation, have a hectic schedule, or really suffer from any sort of time crunch then this is the type of workout for you.
Not having enough time to workout is a problem many of us face but instead of skipping it all together you need to find ways to squeeze at least something in. That is exactly what a program like this is for! Give us 15 minutes 3 times a week and you will look and feel better!
The Quick Blast
Form is important on all exercises, much more so than weight lifted. Make sure you only rest 30 seconds between sets and exercises to keep the heart rate going.
- Wheel Rollouts – 2 sets of 10 reps – Start in a kneeling position with your torso at a 90 degree angle and your hand holding a wheel (or use a barbell with 10lb plates if you don’t have the wheel). Balancing on your knees, roll forward while keeping your back flat using your back and shoulder muscles to control your body. Go forward until your hips are about 4 inches from the ground. Then use your abs to pull yourself back upright.
- Dumbbell Cross-Steps – 2 sets of 12 reps – Hold a pair of light dumbbells in each hand and stand next to a bench or box (box/bench on your left). Cross your right foot over your body and place it on the bench and step up to a standing position using only one leg. Cross your left leg behind you and use only your right leg to lower yourself back to the starting position. Do 12 reps for each leg.
- Inverted Rows – 2 sets of 12 reps – This is where you do a reverse push-up while hanging from a bar and your feet are up on a bench. Usually you need a cage to properly execute this maneuver. Use an overhand grip on the bar and pull yourself up so your sternum touches the bar, hold, and slowly lower.
- Barbell Front Squat – 2 sets of 12 reps – Place the barbell across your front shoulders. Squat down until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Pushups – 2 sets of 12 reps – If you can easily do 12 reps then do them much slower to increase the tension on the muscles.
This workout is quick, focused, and surprisingly complete for what you are doing. Yes, if you had more time then there are plenty of more effective workouts, but it is much better to take what you can get if you can and worry about doing more when time becomes available.