What are the top supplements bodybuilders are using today? There are a ton of different products out there from numerous manufacturers. It can be hard to figure out what is good, bad, or just plain ugly when it comes to providing the results they claim.
So let’s take a peek into the supplement world. Our list of the top 10 bodybuilding supplements is based on reviewing not only quality products and producers, but also what the bodybuilding community in general likes to use.
The Top 10 Bodybuilding Supplements
- Optimum Gold Standard Whey – This is an absolute must for any serious lifter. With the need for protein to build and maintain your body, whey shakes are the best way to get it. Optimum Gold Standard 100% Whey is one of the best options on the market.
- Cellucor C4 Extreme – This is a top notch pre-workout supplement to help supercharge your body with the best nutrients so when you hit the gym you are at your best. This product combines creatine, arginine, beta alanine, and NO3 to help with muscle pumps and energy during workouts.
- MusclePharm Combat Powder – Not all protein powders are the same. Combat Powder is designed to release protein over an 8 hour period by combining various types of protein including whey, casein, and egg albumen. This is a great supplement to start or end your day with to ensure the tank stays full of vital protein nutrients.
- Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men – A good multivitamin is a must as a compliment to a great diet to ensure that you have everything you need and more. Along with all the nutrients from a normal multi vitamin this brand includes extra amino acids and minerals that go way above and beyond what those Flintstone vitamins used to give you.
- Optimum Gold Standard Casein – Your body can still use protein while you sleep. Casein is a slower digesting protein and is a great option before you sleep to prevent your body from breaking itself down for nutrients. The Gold Standard 100% is a top seller.
- SciVation Xtend – Some of the biggest advances in workout nutrition has to do with adding the right nutrients to your body before, after, and during a workout. Xtend helps give you a boost of amino acids during a workout to help increase energy and endurance as well as getting a vital jump on the recovery process.
- Optimum Fish Oil Softgels – Omega-3’s are vital for overall health, better joints, and a healthy heart.
- MusclePharm AMINO1 – When you want to rebuild muscle and recover as fast as possible it helps to take in the right nutrients right after the workout. AMINO1 combines electrolytes and amino acids to start the recovery right away.
- BCAA 1000 Caps – Consuming amino acids at various times during the day helps increase the benefits of workouts, builds more muscle, and reduces breakdown. Adding capsules between meals can really help keep your body running more efficiently.
- Green Tea Extract – Green Tea Extract is well known to help promote fat loss and provide antioxidant support. If you aren’t a big fan of the tea just add it to your daily regime via capsule.
This list comprises the most popular and useful combination of products and brands on the market. In some cases there are great alternative choices for a particular product such as Universal Nutrition’s Animal Pak vitamins. If you want to build a championship physique in the most efficient manner then make sure that you are taking at least some form of each one of the top 10 bodybuilding supplements on this list.