Pre-workout supplements are a very important aspect of nutrition for people who are serious about working out. The bottom line is that even if you give 110% in the gym every time, your results will not be as good as someone who is using a great supplementation program.
Supplements give you an edge. They allow you to maximize energy, focus, and intensity for your time in the gym. Not only do they allow you to push harder for longer, but they also lay important groundwork for recovery. As most serious lifters know, recovery is the phase where the actual strength and size gains are made.
Of course not all pre-workout supplements are the same. Some work better than others and are much more effective. With that in mind the following is a list of the top 10 pre-workout supplements you should be at least considering if you want to maximize your time and energy in the gym.
The Big 10
This list of the top 10 pre-workout supplements is based on ratings and sales over the past year.
- Cellucor C4 Extreme – A top rated and top selling supplement that combines Creatine and a NO3 booster along with vital vitamins and nutrients to ensure a great workout with plenty of energy and a big pump
- MusclePharmAssualt – Another product that combines Creatine with vitamins, energy boosters, nutrients, and proprietary blends to give you everything you need for a great workout.
- BSN NO Xplode 2.0 – This booster combines an NO product with a wide range of compounds includine amino acids to give you energy, strength, endurance, and a serious edge when you hit the gym to ensure a great workout every time.
- ProMera Sports CON-CRET – A top Creatine Hydrochloride product to maximize your Creatine levels before a workout which equals more strength and endurance.
- Driven Sports Craze – Another Creatine based compound that mixes a large proprietary blend of items along with vitamin C and other nutrients.
- MusclePharm AMINO1 – This is basically a sports cocktail the includes Branch Chained Amino Acids along with proper hydration to ensure you have the proper available building blocks for muscle building and recovery.
- Optimum Essential Amino Energy – A blend of Amino Acids and energy boosters to make sure you have the fuel to work out along with proper blocks of aminos to prevent muscle tissue breakdown during and after a workout.
- MuscleTechNeuroCore – This compound mixes Beta-alanine along with Creatine, Yohimbe, L-Citrulline, and other energy products to ensure that you will have a high energy workout along with a great pump and added strength during your workouts.
- BPI Sports IMR Powder – This compound is based on using L-Arginine along with Thiamin and Niacin to maximize focus and energy prior to your workout.
- USPlabs JACK3D – This citrulline based product is geared to provide energy and help create a massive pump.
These are the top 10 pre-workout supplements to help get you to the next level. Are using at least one of them yet? If not, you really need to ask yourself, how serious are you about training? Consider the time and energy you spend at the gym each session trying to transform your body. Supplements are a tool you can use to give yourself a big edge in the results those sessions generate. There is no good reason not to include them as part of your routine unless you like slower gains over faster ones.