Finding time to go to the gym can sometimes be difficult. We all have busy schedules and with a fast-paced, hectic life some days you just don’t have as much time as you want. But, getting even a short workout is better than skipping the gym altogether (especially if you keep having to skip days).
Between things like family, relationships, or even just getting shopping and dinner on a normal schedule; time is always short. But with so many things to do stress levels also tend to increase. One of the best ways to combat that is by vigorous exercise! So let’s look at some short and sweet exercise programs that you can do to outlet your stress and tension!
Quick Chest/Shoulder/Triceps Blaster
For this workout you will be doing supersets. Supersets really cut down on time and these will all be right in front of the dumbbell rack so you won’t be walking all over the place. For a superset, perform the first exercise then switch weights and jump right into the second exercise; rest 30 seconds before repeating the first exercise.
- Incline Dumbbell Presses – 3 sets of 8 to 12 reps, superset with
- Flat Dumbbell Chest Flyes – 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Presses – 3 sets of 8 to 12 reps, superset with
- Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises – 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps
- Bench Triceps Dips – 2 sets of 8 to 12 reps, superset with (prop your feet on one bench with hands on another and dip between them)
- Triceps Dumbbell Kickbacks – 2 sets of 10 to 15 reps
Quick Back/Biceps Blaster
More supersets! This time you will start at the cable machine station that should have cable rows and lat pulldowns. From there you will go back to the dumbbell racks.
- Wide Grip Pulldowns – 3 sets of 8 to 12 reps, superset with
- Close Grip Cable Rows – 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps
- Dumbbell Pullovers – 2 sets of 8 to 12 reps, superset with
- Dumbbell Bicep Curls – 2 sets of 8 to 12 reps
- Lower Back Machine – 2 sets of 15 to 20 reps
Quick Leg Blaster
Legs are another great superset body part because you can work opposing muscle groups quickly and easily. We will start with a pair of dumbbell exercises and then move on to machine exercises to finish things off.
- Dumbbell Lunges – 3 sets of 8 to 12 reps, superset with
- Dumbbell Stiff-legged Deadlifts – 3 sets of 8 to 12 reps
- Leg Extensions Machine – 2 sets of 10 to 15 reps, superset with
- Leg Curls Machine – 2 sets of 10 to 15 reps
- Standing Calf Machine – 2 sets of 10 to 15 reps, superset with
- Seated Calf Machine – 2 sets of 10 to 15 reps
What About Abs?
The nice thing about abs is that they can easily be done at home. If time is of an essence in your routine try and work abdominals in the morning at home. It is a great way to start your day feeling good. Also feeling those sore abs during the day is a nice trick to remind you about sticking to a good diet.