Are you looking for something with variety? Maybe you want a combination of workouts that provide muscle building, muscle toning, and burning calories? Well this workout is unique enough that it incorporates all of those aspects. This routine is designed around an all-around level of fitness that can serve you in a variety of ways outside of the gym or just to give you that summertime body no matter what time of the year it is.
Are you ready?
Lean Fitness Workout
This workout has three different options, either A, B, or C. Each workout is geared slightly differently with a unique focus. You can do them in any order such as A-B-C-A-B-C, or A-B-B-C-A-A-C. It is really up to you and it is encouraged to keep up a lot of variety to confuse your body so it doesn’t know what to expect. The only rule is to rest at least one day between workouts.
This workout is based around supersets. For each pair of exercises do a set of 6 reps for each one, rest 30 to 60 seconds and then do a set of 12 reps for each one. The weights used should be heavy enough to be taxing.
- Squats and Pullups (or Lat Pulldowns) – 2 sets of 6 and 12 reps
- Rowing Machine – 2 minutes moderate to fast pace
- Dumbbell Lunges and Dumbbell Incline Press – 2 sets of 6 and 12 reps
- Dumbbell Bench Press and Leg Curls – 2 sets of 6 and 12 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press and Cable Woodchopper – 2 sets of 6 and 12 reps
- Lateral Raises – 1 set of 15 to 20 reps
- Abdominal Circuit: Pick 3 exercises and perform 15 to 25 reps and repeat the circuit once
- Finish with 20 minutes of interval cardio work using 20 seconds of high intensity and 60 seconds low intensity.
This will be a circuit routine. Do each exercises followed by the next without rest. At the end of the circuit rest one minute then repeat the entire circuit. After that, do 30 minutes of any cardio at a moderate pace.
- Dumbbell Squat-Press – 15 to 20 reps
- Dumbbell Step-ups – 60 seconds per leg
- Barbell Reverse Lunge – 12 reps per leg (alternating)
- Vertical Knee Raises – 12 to 15 reps
- Elliptical Machine – 2 minutes
- Lat Pulldowns – 10 to 12 reps
- Rest – 60 seconds
This is a slow circuit with 15 second between exercises and then 60 second between circuits. Follow this routine with 30 minutes of interval training with 2 minutes high intensity and 2 minutes of low intensity for the intervals.
- Overhead Squats – 10 to 12 reps
- Rotational T Push-ups – 10 to 12 reps
- Bulgarian Split Squats – 8 to 10 reps
- Saxon Side Bend – 8 to 10 reps
- Pike Walk – 6 tomes
- Swiss Ball Leg Curls – 8 to 10 reps
- Russian Twists – 10 to 12 reps
- Back Extensions with Row – 10 to 12 reps
- Rest – 60 seconds