Bodybuilding is a serious sport that requires not only a rigorous training regime and a balanced, nutritious diet, but also a good supplementation program if you expect to be successful. While an argument can be made that you can achieve the same results without great supplements, it will certainly be a more difficult and much longer path.
Building a quality physique with lean muscle mass takes a lot of effort. However these top 5 bodybuilding supplements make all of that work much more effective not only in the gym, but during the recovery phase where real growth takes place.
For the last few decades bodybuilders have acknowledged the way supplements have made it easier and more efficient in building muscle, increasing stamina, and increasing strength. This list of the top 5 bodybuilding supplements is based on what more experts are saying along with what all of the champion caliber bodybuilders are taking.
5 Supplements You Need to Take
- Creatine – Creatine is a top supplement choice for many reasons. Bodybuilders along with serious athletes across numerous sports take advantage of the natural product to increase lean muscle mass, improve performance, increase endurance, improve energy levels, and speed up the recovery phase.
- Whey Protein – Muscles need protein. For bodybuilders, whose primary goal is building larger muscles, you need a lot. Whey protein is an engineered type of protein and as such is highly rated because it digests and is absorbed easily plus provides the best combination of amino acids needed for building muscle tissue. It also helps as an antioxidant and helps the immune system. This supplement can be used multiple times a day as an addition to a well-balanced diet to ensure proper protein consumption takes place.
- Glutamine – This is one of top 5 bodybuilding supplements because of its importance on so many levels within the body. It can reduce muscle breakdown in the body, help with protein metabolism, and boosts the immune system.
- Multi-Vitamin – Multi-vitamins have come a very long way in the last decade. No longer do they simply provide the daily allowance of standard vitamins. Now they also have minerals, amino acids, and other herbal boosters that are vital to anyone who works their body hard, such as a bodybuilder.
- Nitric Oxide – This supplement is important for working with nerve functions and the circulation of the blood. In bodybuilding, getting a pump is important. That means more blood flowing to the muscles to make them look larger. Also it means more nutrients and removal of toxins.
These are the top 5 bodybuilding supplements that everyone who is serious about the sport needs to be taking. Many athletes looking for maximum performance from their training routines utilize these same 5 supplements for the simple fact that they work extremely well.
If you add these supplements to your existing program you will notice the difference within a week; that alone makes them well worth the time and investment.