Functional Fitness workouts are becoming quite the craze. People can become rather addicted to them because of how challenging and effective they are. But, sometimes you can’t make a class. Maybe you can’t fit it into your busy schedule, you are on vacation, or some other reasons pops up. For those times why not venture outside and do your own version of a functional fitness workout?
There are plenty of equipment free functional training workouts that you can do. These are all designed to be done alone but they can easily be done with a small group. The workouts listed below can be done repeatedly in a session or you can simply mix a few together. The nice thing is that you can just keep adding workouts to a session until you are spent or mix things into a circuit; there is a lot of options!
20 Anywhere Workouts
- Run 1 mile but stop and do 10 push-ups every minute.
- Perform 3 circuits of 200 meter sprints plus 25 push-ups.
- Perform 10 circuits of 15 seconds of running in place with high knees plus 1 push-up plus 1 jump squat.
- Perform 3 circuits of 200 meter run plus 50 squats.
- Run 1 mile and stop every minute for 10 squats plus 10 push-ups plus 10 sit-ups.
- Perform 10 circuits for time of 10 push-ups plus 10 squats plus 10 sit-ups.
- Perform 10 circuits for time of 10 vertical jumps plus 10 burpees.
- Perform 5 circuits for time of 10 walking lunges plus 10 push-ups.
- Perform 5 circuits of 30 second handstand plus 30 second hold in deep squat.
- Perform 3 circuits for time of 20 squats plus 20 burpees plus 20 push-ups plus 100 meter sprint.
- Run 1 mile and stop every minute for 30 lunging steps.
- Perform 5 circuits of 1 minute running plus 1 minute squats.
- Walk 100 meters on your hands.
- Perform 3 circuits of 20 jackknife crunches plus 20 walking lunges plus 20 push-ups plus 20 jump squats.
- Perform 5 circuits of 30 second handstand plus 10 squats.
- Run 1 mile for time.
- Perform 4 circuits for time of 10 vertical jumps plus 400 meter run plus 10 burpees.
- Perform 5 circuits for time of 10 squats plus 100 meter sprint plus 10 push-ups.
- Maximum set of push-ups followed by maximum set of burpees.
- Perform 10 circuits of 100 meter sprint plus 100 meter walk.
The beauty of these types of Functional Fitness workouts is that you can squeeze in a 15 minute workout or easily do a 45 minute workout. You could also jog for 20 minutes and then go workout crazy. If you have access to something like a bar for chin-ups and hangs at a school or park you can easily double this list by mixing in chin-ups, leg raises, and other bar exercises. But we will save those functional workouts for another article.