It’s time to get a wicked pump with this arm blasting program for your biceps, triceps, and forearms.
Big guns are something that just about every guy wants. In fact, I have never heard a guy say, “My arms are too big.” That is something that will probably never happen. Why? It is simply because big arms look good and make you feel powerful.
So how do you get a set of shirt stretching cannons? It takes a lot of hard work. When you are in the gym you need to blast all heads of each muscle to spur on growth. So with that in mind we have a new program to try to blow up those guns. Variety prevents stagnation so give this workout a go and enjoy the results.
Fully Flushed Arm Blast
This workout is based around supersets. Exercises will be grouped together and it is expected to take a minor break of 30-60 seconds between sets. Form is important as the elbow joint can be damaged with improper form and overly heavy weight. Focus on rep speed, not going too fast during contraction and twice as slow on the negative. This will ensure a huge pump. Also always squeeze the contraction for a one count.
Make sure to do some light stretching before you start and after the first two groups of exercises.
- Dumbbell Wrist Curls – 3 sets at 8 to 12 reps
- Zottman Curls – 3 sets at 8 to 12 reps – Do a hammer curl grip on the way up and reverse curl grip on the way down
- Dumbbell Curls – 3 sets at 6 to 10 reps
- Lying Barbell Triceps Extension – 3 sets at 6 to 10 reps (straight or EZ Curl bar)
- Lying Cable Curls – 2 sets at 8 to 12 reps
- Overhead Rope Triceps Cable Extensions – 2sets at 8 to 12 reps
- Barbell 21’s – 1 set – Perform 7 reps from the bottom to the middle of the curl, 7 reps from the middle to the top, and 7 full curls
- Close Grip Dips – 1 set to exhaustion
This routine is built differently starting with forearms. Because of this, they will get a residual workout for all biceps work. Plus it is a great way to warm up the arms and get the blood pumping. As you progress sets are reduced because you arms will be very pumped up with blood and plenty warm.
After you finish the workout take a few minutes to flex and pose those big guns. Then don’t forget to stretch both the triceps and biceps to help with recovery.