Summer is just around the corner and what is on most people’s minds? Looking good when having fun in the sun! With that in mind we have compiled some tips and tricks to help speed up the process. As the working moms are already pressed for time so we know that every little bit helps!
Summertime Shape-Up Tips:
- Diet is absolutely the most critical aspect of getting lean. All the cardio in the world does no good if you aren’t eating well with enough calories. Don’t starve yourself! Follow a balanced plan of good food in proper portions.
- No fad diets or crazy diet pills. They do more harm than good.
- Start your day with 20-30 minutes of hard aerobic exercise such as jogging, aerobics, or even jumping rope. The extra kick to your metabolism will pay off all day.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it sets the tone for the day. Eat a healthy, well balanced meal with complex carbohydrates and plenty of protein.
- Carry a picture of a girl in a bikini that you want to look like. Whenever motivation is low, stare at it.
- Protein is your friend. It fills you up and helps with lean muscle mass.
- Water is an even better friend and should be drunk during the entire day to the tune of at least 8 glasses.
- Small meals and healthy snacks keep your appetite down, energy up, and metabolism moving. Make sure to pack your food at home the night before so you don’t have to think about what to eat.
- Do anything you can during the day to burn extra calories such as parking further away, taking the stairs, or walking on your break and lunch.
- Cut back on all sugars including all soda, extra sugar in coffee and tea, as well as sugar candy snacks.
- Complex whole grain carbs or good, white carbs are bad. Learn the difference and start to segregate!
- At the gym, focus on cardio first. Take a high intensity class if offered like a Boot Camp class where an instructor pushes you.
- For weight workouts take 30 seconds rests between sets and push yourself hard for lean muscles.
- Eat a good post-workout meal within 45 minutes of the workout.
- No carbs after 8pm – ever.
- No desert after dinner.
- Give yourself one cheat meal per week.
- Get a good night’s sleep and don’t work out on rest days. Regardless of the calendar your body will look better when rested.
- Get your family involved in your goal so it is a team effort.
- Never give up.
Getting in shape takes some effort. But the bright side is once you are there, maintaining it is much easier. All that hard work will pay off and you can have the look you want when summer rolls around. It ends of being a matter of priorities and every once in awhile yours needs to go to the top (or at least near the top) of the pile.