Honestly these are not all groundbreaking secrets. In fact, many people have heard all of these tips at one time or another. But, people still can’t seem to manage doing more than a few of them at a time. That is why so many people aren’t ripped.
Is it that simple? Yes it is. A proper diet along with some regular cardio can get you a nice lean look. But it takes perseverance and consistency along with these top points.
Fat Loss Top 10
- Be active every day. Ideally you should aim for at least an hour of higher than average activity (more than just walking). This doesn’t just mean cardio but also includes a weight workout or even playing some light sports or tag with your kids.
- Mix up your cardio routines to keep your body guessing. The body can adapt to cardio like it can to a weight workouts. To keep your training as effective as possible make sure to regularly shake things up.
- Get a full night’s sleep every night! Your body will be worried that something is wrong if you get less than optimum sleep plus you can’t recover properly. On top of that, lack of sleep can increase stress which has a negative effect on weight loss.
- Plan ahead for meals you eat each day. If you don’t plan out your meals then how will you know if you are getting the proper amount of calories (not too few, not too many) to meet your goals?
- Always have realistic goals. Psychologically if you have unrealistic goals then it will have a negative effect on your psyche when you don’t meet them. Realistic goals have the opposite affect inspiring confidence when you meet or exceed them.
- Raw foods rule. Fruits, nuts, and veggies are best when unprocessed and raw.
- Go all out during cardio sessions. Your training should be difficult and intense if you want to see results!
- Junk food has got to go (most of the time). A little cheating now and again is fine but otherwise that junk will continually drag you down.
- Alcohol should be very limited. See the above note for junk food.
- Protein is the cornerstone of your diet plan. Along with building muscle, protein fills you up. The more full you feel the less likely you are to over eat carbohydrates and excess fats.
As you can see this list is not overly groundbreaking. But these 10 common sense ideas when used together can quickly lead to diet success and result in consistent weight/fat loss until you reach your goal.